Despite sharing the same poker rules, the live poker game is different from the online counterparts. Whether it has constant table talk or excessive limping, live poker presents distinct variables. Live games are a lot easier to beat rather than virtual ones. Therefore, the nuances of live poker are worth learning.
Live poker tips
Here are the online live poker tips that help crush the games on the next trip to the casino.
- Punish limpers. Are you new to live poker? You would be astounded by how often the players limp behind or open limp. Limping is an inadvisable and weak strategy, which hurts one’s ability to win the pot while giving opponents behind the opportunity to exploit them. Many players choose to flop with many hands.
- How are players punished who choose open limps? There are two approaches:
- In theory. It should tighten the raising range versus a limper; there’s an extra player in the pot. The more players in the pot, the less equity the hand has. Additionally, a player who limps indicates that they have a hand that is worth playing. So, it makes theoretical sense of tightening the raising range for that extra player.
- In practice. It is better to play looser against the limper. Most players who open-limp are described as not good players. They are unable to put in tough spots. For the result, a player can raise a bit wider of the range to target the limper and to take benefit of the extra money in a pot.
Facing multiple limpers is the best way to respond to the multiple limps facing you to tighten the raising range and increases the raise size.
- Turn up aggression. The power of position is very advantageous against the weaker competition. Versus recreational opponents who love to call and use unconventional bet sizes, while you are on the button, it allows you to decide with the max possible amount of info.
- In pre-flop spots. You can call raises from the button with an array of hands that are easily played post-flop. While aggressive 3-betting doesn’t happen in live games, a flat can fairly wide range from the button without worrying about a squeeze three bets from the blinds.
- In post-flop spots. You can often get great prices to realize the equity and then stab at the pot when the opponents act passively. Playing too passively is a common mistake that poker players make.
Therefore, if you are a live poker player, you must see to it that these are clear to you. If not, you can check and learn all these before you confidently play and bet on this game in a casino. Be wise and smart when playing live poker games – you are playing against real players and dealers here.